Support over Christmas
- For urgent medical attention, your options are Accident & Emergency (A&E) and Emergency GP appointments or 999.
- For urgent medical advice, you can call the NHS 111 (England)
'FamilyLine' helpline from Family Action
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 9pm
- Telephone: 0808 802 6666
- Text message: 07537 404 282
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live web chat
'Family Lives' helpline from Family Lives
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 9pm (9am to 1pm Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)
- Weekends: 10am to 3pm
- Closed 25th to 28th Dec and 1st to 3rd Jan
- Open 24/7, 365 days of the year
- Samaritans works to make sure there's always someone there for anyone who needs someone - 24/7, 365 days of the year.
- Tel: 116 123 (free to call and will not appear on your phone bill)
- National Domestic Violence Helpline
- If you are experiencing domestic abuse, you are not alone. You can call the 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline for free.
- Tel: 0808 2000 247
- Website: www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk
- Other helpful support
- Respect - Men's Advice Line
- 'Our focus is to increase the safety of men experiencing domestic abuse (and the safety of their children) and to offer you non-judgmental emotional support, practical advice and information for other specialist services.'
- Phone: 0808 8010 327. Mon–Fri 9am-8pm.
- Free from landlines and mobile phones within the UK. Your call will not appear on itemised bills. You can also call free from BT pay phones.
- Email support: email@example.com
- Mon-Fri: 9am-8pm,
Sat & Sun: 10am-12pm & 4pm-6pm
- Webchat support:
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
10–11am and 3–4pm
- Website: www.mensadviceline.org.uk/
- Mental Health Support
- Tel: 0300 123 3393. Open 9am - 6pm.
- The advice line will be closed from 6pm on 24 Dec until 9am on 04 January 2022.
- Website: www.mind.org.uk
- MIND website lists a number of support services available when they are out of hours.
- CALM - Campaign Against Living Miserably
- The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is leading a movement against suicide, the single biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK and the cause of 18 deaths every day
- Tel (nationwide): 0800 58 58 58. Open 5pm - midnight, 365 days a year
- Website: www.thecalmzone.net (with live web chat)
- PANDAS Foundation
- Supporting parents experiencing a perinatal mental illness.
- Tel (nationwide): 0808 1961 776
- Open: 9:00am - 8:00pm, 365 days a year
- Website: www.pandasfoundation.org.uk